Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Essay 1 What did I learn?

      My first essay was about Killer Whales.  What I learned from this essay is two fold.  I learned  about the library's resources for doing our papers. I also learned about the Killer Whales.

       The Killer Whales are in our oceans, and they move where they can find food to consume.  The research helped me learn that the whales are intelligent.  They have their pods, and there is a unity in each pod.  The whales unite to catch and kill their dinner. It is a group effort. 

        In Canada, scientist are watching certain whales learn more about the habits of the Killer Whales.  There is concern for those whales that get caught in inlets when it freezes.  Most of the whales seem to know when to leave the inlets.

        I have learned how to find the resource to cite my papers.  I thought this essay was fun.  I have always loved the Killer Whale, and this was a fun way to learn about them..Thanks Jenn.

1 comment:

  1. I was watching animal planet last night that was on killer whales. I was so surprised when I saw how they attacked their prey. I had no idea how violent they were. They are very smart creatures, and I would hate to be in a pod of them. They definitely rule the ocean. I bet your essay was very interesting, and I would have loved to learn more about those fascinating whales. Good luck on the rest of the term!

    ReplyDelete