Mr. Wideman's observation is so on target. This country once had a war, to fight off those exact prejudices toward people of color. I believe that we have not grown much since then the war. The feelings that he has continues to be right, but are wrong in the behavior that is shown to him. The seat should have someone sitting in it, and it is really weird that even when the train is full he does not have to share his seat.
The scenario is bad, it proves that this country is still bias against the black man. We have not grown much since Abraham Lincoln was in office. It is hard to imagine how the colored people feel when they are treated so mean. It has been a long time since I even noticed the color of a person's skin. Mr. Wideman is experiencing bigotry in an extreme fashion. Come on, the other half of that seat is good for the all men and women. Wow, we are such a foolish establishment. Why do we have a constitutional right to be equal, if it does not cover all races and colors of this nation?
Thank you, Mr. Wideman, for reminding me that I need to be kinder and not be so judgmental to people of any color.
Thanks for your replies here and to other blogs, Mary Jo. I think you bring up some important points.
ReplyDelete